Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Give me ten, Seriously

John Howard, our beloved, hopefully soon to be ex prime minister, descibed it as the technological and innovative centre of Australia. He was of course talking about North Ryde. To foregners, think of the Sydney Opera House and head away from all the tourist sites, bars, restaurants towards the new age christian districts in the outer suburbs and you'll find Foxtel the current place of my work. It's a place of space age light fittings... except those aint lights and serve no purpose except to pretend to staff that you arent in the middle of the suburbs surrounded by expressways and the closest restaurant a 10 minute drive. Blended in amongst the walls are little inspirational lines such "never say never", "achieve your best" "act decisively without reserve".
The latter line I have indeed taken notice of. Because the big news is i have been offered a job at Channel ten, in the city, a short bike road from home, groovy building opposite the fish market. It will be my third time at ten.... First in 1989, then 1995-1996 and now 2007. In fact my third decade. now thats something to take seriously


To be honest I will miss the people out here, but will not miss the politics, the drive, and the heavy depressing feeling about being in an industrial park in the middle of nowhere. Give me ten anyday.

No comments: